The recent winter storm has now passed and the lovely blue skies have returned. But with the winter season now clearly upon us, I thought I would share a list of 25 random things one can do during a winter storm. You know… just to be ready for when the next one hits. If you’re in Minnesota, it will probably be one day very soon. 😉
Some of these are taken from or related to previous posts of mine, so if you click on the photos or the links, they’ll bring you directly to those, but most of them are just random things that popped into my head as I was making this list. Well, without further ado, here they are, in no particular order…
One of my favorite things to do on a snowy day! We made these chocolate chip cookies yesterday and they were so delicious!
2. Read. Here’s what I’m reading at the moment…
Well… not at this exact moment.
3. Read with your pets
Or should I say try to read with your pets while they make themselves comfortable on top of your reading materials. 😉
4. Watch TV with your pets
5. Take a nap with your pets
While your daughter creeps on you and snaps a picture of it.
6. Creep on the squirrels outside your bedroom window
While they’re creeping on you.
7. Listen to music
8. Or make some music of your own…
9. Light some candles
10. Knit a scarf
Even if you have no idea how, and it ends up turning out a bit deformed.
11. Paint your toes
12. Paint your leg
13. Paint the walls
14. Talk on the phone
An oldie of me and my sister. She’s the one on the phone and I’m the little mischievous looking one. These days it’s with each other that we’re talking on the phone, rather than me creeping on her.
15. Write about your dreams
16. Or write about 25 things you can do during a winter storm 😉
17. Work on home improvement projects
18. Contemplate all the mysteries of the universe
19. Or just contemplate the reason why someone would invent a gumball container shaped like a pink brain.
20. Stare at your lava lamp
21. Stare at shadows flickering on the wall
22. Color in a coloring book. I just bought this one the other day…
And I can’t wait to color in it! Because yes… I am an overgrown child.
23. Shop online. Here’s the last thing I bought online…
This stuff smells freaking amazing!
24. Play World of Warcraft
And die a painful. miserable, virtual death over and over and over again. But really… it’s fun! 😉
And last, but not least…
If you can’t beat em, join em…
25. Go out and play in the snow!
And I’m about to go out and do just that. Well technically, I’m going out to run errands and will be driving in it, but I still plan to try and have fun while I’m at it! 😀
Hope your day is filled with fun, and with…
✿~Peace & Love~✿